Factors may cause your jewelry to lose their shine once wearing for a long time, a smart way to keep your jewelry shine..
Total time to do it: 5 minutes
Organize the tools needed before hand:
STEP 1: Preparations
Lay out the needed tools beforehand.
You will need : a bowl, a toothbrush, Mild detergent-free soap, a lint-free (soft microfiber cloth)
STEP 2 : Soap Water
- Wipe each piece of jewelry between your soft cloth, to restore its natural shine.
- Then, mix a few drops of the mild detergent-free soap with warm water in a bowl.
STEP 3 : Soak and Brush
Soak your jewelry (one piece at a time) and then dip a light soft-bristled brush into the water mixture and gently scrub your jewelry. This will help to give each piece a thorough cleaning.
STEP 4: Rinse and Dry
Rinse each piece carefully. After rinsing, lightly dry the jewelry pieces by gently patting with your cloth.
It is recommended when cleaning your rings to follow the above steps, although to leave the rings soaking in the soap-water bowl overnight before scrubbing with your soft-bristled toothbrush. To keep your rings extra shiny, we recommend cleaning your rings every few weeks.
From Morning to Night
It is key to take proper care of your jewelry pieces from AM to PM. Remember:
- Jewelry should be the last thing you put on after your morning routine. Apply make-up, perfumes, and deodorant first so they do not affect your jewelry. As well, put your clothes on first so they do not catch on your jewelry.
- Once headed out of the house, avoid exposing your jewelry to direct sunlight! Just as the sun’s rays can harm our skin, they can also damage our jewels- especially your gemstones!
- Try not to wear your pieces while swimming, as salt-water, as well as chlorine can affect your jewelry.